Click on detail from image or
use link for full version.
scene; tavern scene.
2. A dinner scene.
3. Hunters have an outdoor dinner.
4. The Canterbury Tales pilgrims having dinner at The
5. Detail from a Last Supper.
6. The month of January; a wealthy man at dinner.
7. Monks at
8. 17th century woodcut - dinner scene.
9. A king at his table.
10. "The House of Rest;" a dinner scene, with bread & frumenty
11. Detail from St. Peter Healing Petronilla, by Sano di
12. Detail of a Last Supper.
13. Dining at a
14. Serving supper by the fireside. From The Da Costa Hours;
15. Lazarus in Heaven. From Jean Dupré's Horae, 1488-90.
16. A Royal family at dinner.
17. Outdoor dining.
18. A large stew, the communal bath which featured feasting &
taking a lunch break; detail from the Maciejowski
20. A fat cook enjoying a drink with company.
21. St. Mary at home.
22. A couple enjoying a stew.
23. Bath and board; Tristan, Paris, 1494-95.
24. St. Louis feeds the poor. La Vie de St. Louis le confesseur
de la reine Marguerite, Paris, 13th century.
before the Meal, by Anthonius Claessins, c. 1538-1613.
26. Three woman dining.
27. A fish dinner.
28. A rustic serves 3 gentlemen.
29. Two lovers share a large pasty.
30. A Fool's table.
Canterbury Tales Pilgrims dining at The Tabard Inn.
32. Three women having a meal.
33. A rustic serving three gentlemen.
34. A dining couple offer a sculptor a drink; detail from Mercury
and His Children, from the Hausbuch, Munich.
35. The King entertained, from G. Caorsin, De Casu Regis Zyzymy,
36. The Marriage at Cana, from the Spiegel menschlicher
37. Enjoying a
"stew" - a bath and a meal.
38. Nursemaid feeding a child.
39. The Luttrell family at dinner; from the Luttrell Psalter.
40. A king dining alone, from Walter de Milemete's manuscript of
De secretis secretorum, 1326-7.
41. Woodcut of a king and queen at dinner.
42. Réception chez un marchand. Al-Harîrî, Al-Maqâmât (Les Séances).
A Feast For The Eyes
Brewing & Drinking | Dining
Feasts & Feasting
| Foods & Foodstuffs | Hunting
& Equipment | Markets | A
A Boke of Gode CookeryA
Feast For The Eyes
For more medieval illustrations at Gode Cookery, please visit:
Fantastic Fish of the Middle Ages
| Medieval Macabre
Medieval Woodcuts Clipart
Mythical Plants of the Middle
Ages | Tales of the Middle Ages
| Tacuinum Sanitatis
Please visit: The Gode Cookery Bookshop